FOND DU LAC, Wis. – Freshman Leanne Siewert finished eighth to pace the Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Golf team at the Marian Invite, which was held Saturday and Sunday. Siewert shot rounds of 97 and 94 for her top-ten finish.
Course: Whispering Springs (Par 72, 5802 yards)
Team Leaderboard: 6th of 8 (834)
Falcons Leaderboard: Siewert 191 (97-94); Haley Olkiewicz 208 (107-101); Leah Wilde 214 (105-109); Kayla Haen 224 (102-122); Maddy Zastrow 104 (104-DNF)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Each player in the Falcons lineup shot at least one round of 105 or better, with Siewert (Glen Ellyn, Ill.) going under 100 in both rounds. She posted a 97 on Saturday and improved by three strokes for a 94 Sunday.
- Olkiewicz (Oshkosh, Wis.) had the better of her two rounds Sunday as well, carding a 101. She opened the tournament with a 107.
- Wilde (Kewaskum, Wis.) posted rounds of 105 and 109 over the two days of competition. Haen (Appleton, Wis.) had her better effort Saturday, carding a 102.
- Zastrow (Greendale, Wis.) carded a 104 during the opening round for the Falcons.
- Lake Forest won the team title by 20 strokes over UW-Stevens Point (733-753). The Foresters had the low score each day, carding a 361 Saturday and a 372 on Sunday.
- Tiffany Boak of UWSP won medalist honors by shooting rounds of 82 and 91, respectively.
- The Falcons will tee it up Friday in a dual meet against Mount Mary. CUW and Mount Mary will play Currie Park Golf Course in Wauwatosa, Wisconsin.