SOUTH BEND, Ind. – Maddy Zastrow shot a career-low 84 during the opening round and tied for 22nd to pace the Concordia Wisconsin Women's Golf team at the two-day, 36-hole Pilot Spring Invitational at Blackthorn Golf Club on Friday and Saturday.
Course: Blackthorn Golf Club (par 72, 5,952 yards)
Team Leaderboard: Concordia Wisconsin 9th of 9 (424-444 – 868)
Falcon Individuals: Maddy Zastrow (84-90 – 174), Kayla Haen (111-108 – 219), Emily Bubla (107-119 – 226), Taylor Chisolm (122-127 – 249)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Junior Maddy Zastrow (Greendale, Wis.) paced the Falcons lineup with a 174 total (84-90) to tie for 22nd overall. Her opening round 84 was the lowest of her career and by any Concordia Wisconsin golfer this season.
- Concordia Wisconsin took 10th overall with an 868 total (424-444).
- Sophomore Kayla Haen (Appleton, Wis.) placed 48th overall with a 219 total (111-108), while freshman Emily Bubla (Wisconsin Rapids, Wis.) had a 226 total (107-199). Haen was the only golfer in the lineup to improve her score from the opening round to the second 18 holes of play.
- Freshman Taylor Chisolm (Lindenhurst, Ill.) ended with a 249 total (122-127).
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- Host Bethel won the team trophy with a 656 total (331-325) to win by five strokes over St. Xavier.
- Taylor Thompson (St. Xavier) won medalist honors with a 12-over par 156 total (75-81).
- The average score per golfer was 90.44, which was 18 strokes above par, while the team average score was 354.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin returns to the course for the two-day, 36-hole UW-Whitewater Spring Fling on Friday, April 21 at The Beloit Club.