FOND du LAC, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin's heart was broken on Sunday afternoon after a scorecard playoff decision was made, which favored Lake Forest at Whispering Spring Golf Course during the Marian Invitational. Maddy
Course: Whispering Springs Golf Course (par 72, 5,802 yards)
Team Leaderboard: t1st of 9 (361-348 – 709)
Falcon Individuals: Maddy Zastrow (88-85 – 173), Molly Mundinger (91-84 – 175), Leah Wilde (88-91 – 179), Kayla Haen (99-88 – 187), Amy Carpenter (94-99 – 193), Abbie Haller (100-111 – 211)#
# competed as an individual
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin led the tournament after the opening round by a stroke over Lake Forest and the two teams ended in a tie after the 36-hole event. The tiebreaker was the top player's score from Sunday's round on the back nine, which gave the Foresters the edge.
- Senior Maddy Zastrow (Greendale, Wis.) paced the Falcons lineup with a tie for third after shooting an 88-85 (173) total. She had a birdie and 14 pars during the tournament.
- Freshman Molly Mundinger (West Bend, Wis.) carded a 175 total (91-84) and had the second-best improvement in the lineup of seven strokes. She finished in sixth place and drained one birdie and 14 pars. Mundinger had a 39 on the front nine on Sunday after having a six-hole stretch where she was 1-under par.
- Sophomore Leah Wilde (Kewaskum, Wis.) recorded a 10th place finish after signing for a 179 total (88-91). She sank two birdies and made nine pars during the event.
- Junior Kayla Haen (Appleton, Wis.) greatly improved on Sunday with an 88 after posting a 99 during Saturday's round to finish in 13th on the leaderboard. She had a birdie and nine pars to her effort.
- Freshman Amy Carpenter (Elk Grove Village, Ill.) accumulated 193 strokes (94-99) to end in 17th position. She sunk eight par putts.
- Freshman Abbie Haller (Cedar Rapids, Iowa) competed as an individual and posted a 100-111 total (211).
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- It was the fourth-consecutive event Concordia Wisconsin has finished in first place. They also defeated five other NACC schools in the tournament by nearly 100 strokes.
- Tayler Wise (Marian) won medalist honors with a 168 total (85-83) to edge Zjennai Vang (St. Norbert) by two strokes.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will travel to Madison, Wis., for the UW-Whitewater Fall Classic at Blackhawk Country Club on Friday and Saturday.