RACINE, Wis. – Maddy Zastrow tied for the best round of the day and Leah Wilde was one shot back as the duo paced the Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Golf team at the opening day of the NACC Championships. The Falcons are in second place as a team, eight shots behind three-time defending champion Aurora.
- Falcons Score: 368 strokes (2nd of 8)
- Location: Meadowbrook Country Club – Racine, Wisconsin
- Falcons Individual Results: Zastrow (85); Wilde (86); Mundinger (97); Carpenter (100); Haen (108)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Zastrow (Greendale, Wis.) tied for the best round of the opening day, firing a +14 round of 85. She is tied with Lauren Anderson of Aurora for the individual lead. Zastrow was at her best on the back nine, posting a 40 over the final nine holes, which included birdies at holes 10 and 15.
- Wilde (Kewaskum, Wis.) carded a 44 on the front and a 42 on the back nine to finish with a +15 round of 86 on Friday. The sophomore carded eight pars and sits in third place on the individual leaderboard.
- Molly Mundinger (West Bend, Wis.) recorded a 97 on Friday for the Falcons. Amy Carpenter (Elk Grove, Ill.) was three shots back, posting a 100.
- Kayla Haen (Appleton, Wis.) rounded out the CUW lineup, carding a 108.
- Aurora posted a team score of 360 to take the team lead after 18 holes. The four scoring golfers for the Spartans all recorded rounds of 94 or lower.
- A team score is calculated by adding up the four lowest rounds for each school.
- Five players shot in the 80s on Friday, while 11 more recorded rounds in the 90s.
- Round two of the NACC Championships will take place tomorrow, while the third and final round is set for Sunday. A live stats link is available at CUWFalcons.com.
April 21, 2018 Women's Golf competes at UW-Whitewater Spring Invitational
April 14, 2018 Women’s Golf competes in Bethel (Ind.) Spring Invitational
April 4, 2018 Golf tournaments canceled because of winter weather
March 25, 2018 Women’s Golf begins spring portion of its season
March 24, 2018 Golf schedules change because of weather
October 24, 2017 Success with a different swing
October 1, 2017 Women’s Golf comes from behind to win NACC Championship
September 30, 2017 Women’s Golf highly successful during second round of NACC Championship
September 29, 2017 Women's Golf in second after day one of NACC Championship
September 26, 2017 Mundinger named NACC Women's Golfer of the Week
September 23, 2017 Mundinger finishes t-8th, Falcons place sixth at UW-Whitewater Fall Classic
September 17, 2017 Women’s Golf edged in playoff at Marian Invitational
September 14, 2017 Women’s Golf continues recent string of success
September 2, 2017 Zastrow leads Women’s Golf at Carthage Shootout on the Border