DE PERE, Wis. – Sophomore Christina Pattengale posted her third career shutout, but unfortunately the Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Hockey offense was unable to find a goal, as the Falcons skated to a scoreless draw at St. Norbert Friday night.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 0, St. Norbert 0
- Location: Cornerstone Community Center – De Pere, Wisconsin
- Records: Concordia Wisconsin 3-3-2, 2-2-2 NCHA; St. Norbert 2-6-1, 1-4-1 NCHA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- It was all about the goaltenders Friday as Pattengale (Portage, Mich.) stopped 24 shots for her third career save. She had 10 of those saves in the third period, while also making eight in the opening stanza.
- Across the ice, the Green Knights got an impressive performance from Leigh Grall who made 36 saves. The Falcons outshot St. Norbert in the opening two periods, while also holding a 4-1 edge in the overtime session.
- The two teams combined for 22 minutes of penalties, with the Falcons being whistled six times for 12 minutes in the box. CUW killed off all four of St. Norbert's power plays, while they were 0-for-3 with the advantage.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The scoreless tie was the first in program history for the Falcons. CUW has played to 30 ties in program history, but this was the first one which resulted in a 0-0 score.
- The Falcons have gained three points against the Green Knights for the first time since the 2010-11 season, also the first season of women's hockey for St. Norbert. CUW is just 3-11-3 all-time against St. Norbert. The Falcons are now 0-6-2 in games played at St. Norbert.
- The shutout moves Pattengale into second all-time in career shutouts for the Falcons. Lea Jondal had four in her career from 2009-2011.
- These two will meet again tomorrow with puck drop set for 3 p.m.