MEQUON, Wis. – After two periods of play, neither the Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Hockey team nor Marian could find the back of the net as the two were tied 0-0 with 20 minutes remaining in Friday's NCHA contest. That would all change in the third period, as the Falcons struck three teams for a 3-1 win over the Sabres.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 3, Marian 1
- Location: Ozaukee Ice Center – Mequon, Wisconsin
- Records: Concordia Wisconsin 3-2, 2-1 NCHA; Marian 0-5, 0-3 NCHA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The first goal of the game came 1:52 into the third period, a shorthanded score from Jossa Danis (Brandon, Manitoba). Senior Chloe Bachman (St. Peter, Minn.) got a breakaway and fired a shot on net and Danis crashed for the rebound for a 1-0 lead.
- The Falcons would go up two goals 6:01 later when Kristen Kennedy (London, Ontario) buried her team-leading third goal of the season. Her score was assisted by Natasha Wanless (Madison, Wis.).
- Marian got on the board 12:12 into the final period, cutting the CUW lead to 2-1. Calle Bye had the lone shot that got past Breanna Thomson (St. Marys, Ontario). Thomson finished the game with 17 saves for the Falcons and improved to 3-0 on the season.
- Senior Lexi Holman (Sauk Rapids, Minn.) gave the Falcons some insurance with a score with 3:37 left in the game. Kennedy added an assist finishing with a two-point night.
- The Falcons penalty kill was outstanding Friday as they killed all five of Marian's power play attempts.
- The Falcons and Sabres will meet again tomorrow at 7:30 p.m. at the Ozaukee Ice Center.