MEQUON, Wis. – Kristen Kennedy scored two goals and Breanna Thomson posted her second-straight shutout as the Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Hockey team rolled to a 5-0 win over Northland Friday. The win moves the Falcons to 5-2 in NCHA games this season. The win also saw the first career goals for Vyctoria Smith and Allison McElwee.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 5, Northland 0
- Location: Ozaukee Ice Center – Mequon, Wisconsin
- Records: Concordia Wisconsin 7-4, 5-2 NCHA; Northland 3-6, 2-5 NCHA
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Kennedy (London, Ontario) got the scoring started early with her fifth goal of the season just 4:55 into play. Amanda Curtin (Houston, Texas) and Natasha Wanless (Madison, Wis.) assisted on the game's opening score.
- CUW went up 2-0 on Smith's (Fort Myers, Fla.) first career goal midway through the first period. Lexi Holman (Sauk Rapids, Minn.) and Kennedy assisted the Smith goal.
- The Falcons added a power play score just 42 seconds into the second period, putting the lead at 3-0. Kennedy tallied her second goal of the game, which was also her team-leading sixth goal of the season. Holman added her second assist on the play, while Jossa Danis (Brandon, Manitoba) picked up an assist as well.
- CUW would add two more scores in the third period for the 5-0 final. Wanless struck 23 seconds into the period, while McElwee (Laramie, Wyo.) picked up her first career goal to wrap up the scoring.
- Thomson (St. Marys, Ontario) tallied her second-straight shutout with a 13-save performance. She was coming off a shutout win over Morrisville State in the Falcons last game. CUW dominated shots on Friday with a 40-13 edge.
- The Falcons will host Northland again tomorrow with puck drop set for 3 p.m.