SEWANEE, Tenn. – Concordia Wisconsin had a two-goal deficit, 4-2, with 12 minutes to play in the opening half, but Susquehanna put together scoring streaks of six and four in a row to win 14-3 in non-conference play on a cold Wednesday afternoon.
Final Score: Susquehanna 14, Concordia Wisconsin 3
Location: Puett Field (Sewanee, Tenn.)
Records: Susquehanna 3-2, Concordia Wisconsin 1-3
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The River Hawks opened the game with three-straight goals in the first 10 minutes, before the Falcons' freshman Nicole DeMeo (Niles, Ill.) and junior Allison Kurek (Chicago, Ill.) found the back of the net to get with 4-2. However, from then on the floodgates opened for Susquehanna who led 10-2 with 25:35 remaining in the game.
- Freshman Jackie Lanum (Wadsworth, Ill.) added a free-position score with 21:35 on the clock in the second half prior to the River Hawks scoring four in a row to extend their lead.
- Senior Veronika Metanova (Palatine, Ill.) had 12 saves, including eight in the first half, during a complete game effort. Kurek won six draw controls for the Falcons.
- Susquehanna held a 38-16 lead in shots and a 30-21 advantage in ground balls. Concordia Wisconsin had a slight 10-9 edge in draw controls, but turned the ball over 29 times.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Both teams scored a pair of free-position goals – Falcons 2-of-4; River Hawks 2-of-10.
- The game was littered with yellow cards, as the Falcons were whistled for five, to go along with the rare green card given out.
- Lanum's marker was the first of her career.
- Kathrina DeMaio and Helena Woytovich each had hat tricks for the River Hawks, while Stephanie Dowling and Caroline Rabiecki scored twice.
- Liv Cohn finished with a goal and two assists.
- Alison Elf picked up a game-high six ground balls and Libby Dex made four saves in goal for the win.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin returns home for back-to-back Midwest Women's Lacrosse Conference games on Saturday at 2 pm against Wartburg and on Sunday at 1 pm versus Loras.