MEQUON, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin controlled every aspect of Sunday's 17-1 victory over Loras during MWLC play, as eight Falcons found the back of the net and the defense was led by Veronika Metanova's 11 saves.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 17, Loras 1
Location: Fitting Field (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 3-3, 2-0 MWLC; Loras 2-3, 0-2 MWLC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- It didn't take long for the Falcons to get on the scoreboard, as sophomore Lauren Paquin (Waukesha, Wis.) marked the back of the net just 42 seconds into the game.
- The offensive floodgates continued to stay open all game and the running-clock rule was initiated when Paquin added her third goal with a second left on the clock before halftime.
- Sophomore Christina Pattengale (Portage, Mich.) had herself and outstanding first half, with a career-high four goals on five shots.
- Senior Veronika Metanova (Palatine, Ill.) helped the host's defense limit Loras with 11 saves, including 10 in the opening 30 minutes of action.
- Concordia Wisconsin finished with a 36-16 advantage in shots, 26-10 lead in ground balls and forced 20 turnovers of which 12 were caused.
- Junior Caitlin Henry (Lansing, Ill.) also recorded a hat trick and assisted on a goal. Junior Allison Kurek (Chicago, Ill.) and sophomore Kristen Kennedy (London, Ontario) each had two goals. Freshmen Emily Kuhlman (Cold Springs, Minn.) and Nicole DeMeo (Niles, Ill.) ended with a goal and two assists, respectively.
- Freshman Jenny Rudenga (Elmhurst, Ill.) had a game-high three caused turnovers, while a trio of Falcons picked up three ground balls.
- Loras was overmatched, but did excel in draw controls and won 11-of-14.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Concordia Wisconsin defeated Loras the fourth-straight time and has outscored the Duhawks 75-7 in the all-time series.
- The Falcons outscored their two MWLC opponents (Wartburg, Loras) this weekend 34-4.
- Sarah Hanson scored the Duhawks only goal.
- Ashley McGee made 10 saves in goal.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin travels to Illinois Wesleyan for a Wednesday non-conference contest at 4:30 pm.