MEQUON, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin lit up the scoreboard again on Saturday afternoon, scoring 10-consecutive goals to begin the game before eventually winning 15-5 versus Benedictine at Fitting Field.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 15, Benedictine 5
Location: Fitting Field (Mequon, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 6-4, 5-0 MWLC; Benedictine 4-5, 2-3 MWLC
QUOTING CAITLIN HENRY
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons opened the game on an impressive run of 10 goals in a row during the first 15-plus minutes to initiate the running-clock rule. They dominated both sides of the field to stay undefeated in MWLC play.
- Not even a week ago Caitlin Henry had the best game of her career with five goals, but fans in attendance could argue Saturday's game was even better. The junior midfielder had midfielder had a career-high-tying five goals by halftime.
- Not to be outdone, rookie Nicole DeMeo (Niles, Ill.) added a career-high four goals – two in each half – to help propel Concordia Wisconsin's offense. Three of her scores were of the unassisted variety. Sophomore Christina Pattengale (Waukesha, Wis.) was helping her teammates with a career-best three assists during the win.
- The Falcons finished with a 32-14 difference in shots on goal, 22-10 difference in ground balls and won 12-of-17 draw controls. They also forced 24 turnovers of which 15 were caused.
- Defensively, senior Ariana Worthing (Saginaw, Mich.) led all players with a career-high five caused turnovers.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Pattengale's three assists are tied for the eighth most in a game in program history, while Worthing's five caused turnovers are tied for the seventh most.
- Concordia Wisconsin has now outscored MWLC opponents 80-13 through five games.
- Becca Gullet and Madison Horan each had two goals apiece for the Eagles.
- Hannah Smith made 10 saves in goal.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- The Falcons travel to Aurora for a Wednesday game starting at 4 pm.