NAPERVILLE, Ill. – Concordia Wisconsin committed too many penalties inside the arc and as a result, North Central scored 10 free-position goals en route to an 18-8 non-conference victory at Benedetti-Wehrli Stadium.
Final Score: North Central 18, Concordia Wisconsin 8
Location: Benedetti-Wehrli Stadium (Naperville, Ill.)
Records: North Central 4-0, Concordia Wisconsin 0-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin held a 2-0 lead just over 10 minutes into the game before things fell apart and North Central answered with seven unanswered goals (three free-position) to take control of the non-conference contest.
- The Falcons were able to get back within three goals, 8-5, but three different times in the second half the Cardinals scored three goals in a row to slowly pull away.
- The hosts ended 10-of-14 on free position attempts and converted 16-of-25 clears, while the visitors made nine saves.
- Senior Allison Kurek (Chicago, Ill.) led the Falcons with three goals, three ground balls, four draw controls and four caused turnovers. Freshman Ciara Bond (White Bear Lake, Minn.) had a trio of goals, while junior Lauren Paquin (Waukesha, Wis.) netted two scores.
- Senior Caitlin Henry (Lansing, Ill.) recorded an assist, three ground balls, eight draw controls and two caused turnovers. Senior Ellie Woodman picked up four ground balls and caused four turnovers.
- Sophomore Kennedy Boyer (Saline, Mich.) had nine saves in a complete game effort in goal.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Falcons are now 3-4 all-time against the Cardinals.
- Henry's career-high eight draw controls are tied for the eighth most in a game in program history.
- Mynk Richardson-Clerk led all players with five goals (four free-position), while Christina Truver had four goals (three free-position). Jessica Deetjen had six ground balls and seven draw controls.
- Abigail Leers recorded 13 saves in a victory in goal.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin heads south for a Tuesday game at Southwestern Texas at 6 pm.