RIVER FOREST, Ill. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Soccer team played to a scoreless draw in a CIT matchup against Concordia Nebraska Saturday morning. Senior goaltender Tabitha Ortiz and the Falcons defense kept the Bulldogs off the scoreboard in the 0-0 match.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 0, Concordia Nebraska 0
- Location: River Forest, Ill. (Concordia Chicago)
- Records: Concordia Wisconsin 0-1-1; Concordia Nebraska 3-0-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In the opening half, CUW outshot Concordia Nebraska by an 8-5 margin, including a 5-2 edge in shots on goal. Ortiz made two saves in the first half, while Lindsey Carley of the Bulldogs stopped all five shots she faced.
- The Bulldogs had an edge in shots in the second half, but the Falcons finished with one more shot on goal after halftime. For the match, CUW totaled eight shots on goal, a team-best three by Kayla Schlosser (Germantown, Wis.) and two off the foot of Ashley Johnson (Chesterfield, Mich.).
- Ortiz (Plainfield, Ill.) made four saves for the match, two in each half. The result was the ninth complete shutout of her career.
- Maria Deeter had a team-best three shots on goal for the Bulldogs.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Saturday's result was the first time in four matches in which Concordia Nebraska did not lose this season.
- The Falcons did a great job limiting a Concordia Nebraska office which was averaging 4.67 goals per contest entering the match.
- The Falcons will visit the No. 3 ranked team in the country on Wednesday when they take on Chicago. The match is set to start at 4 p.m.