MEQUON, Wis. – After playing its first three games in Chicago, the Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Soccer team is set for its 2017 home opener. The Falcons will have another early season challenge as they face off against No. 8 UW-Whitewater.
- Who: No. 8 UW-Whitewater (3-0-1) vs. Concordia Wisconsin (0-2-1)
- Where: Fitting Field – Mequon, Wisconsin
- When: Wednesday, September 16 (4:00 p.m.)
- Live Coverage: CUWFalcons.com will provide video (weather permitting) and live stats. Links can be found on the Women's Soccer schedule page.
The digital program for Wednesday's match can be found here. A limited number of printed programs will be available at the entrance Wednesday for $2. Fans can also access the digital program at the match by going to cuwfalcons.com/programs on their mobile devices.
- The Falcons have struggled to score early in the season, tallying zero goals in three contests. CUW has been strong defensively, allowing five total, four of those to No. 3 Chicago.
- Coach Ryan Middendorf has once again challenged the Falcons with a difficult non-conference slate. Wednesday's contest will be the Falcons second straight against a ranked opponent.
- CUW had one of its best games in program history the last time it hosted UW-Whitewater. The Falcons scored a 5-1 win over the Warhawks, led by two goals from Carley Pfannerstill and Kayla Schlosser. UW-Whitewater was ranked 11th nationally at the time.
- Whitewater enters Wednesday with a 3-0-1 overall record. The match Wednesday will be the Warhawks first contest played in the state of Wisconsin this season. UW-Whitewater has played three times in Minnesota and once in Iowa.
September 23, 2017 Women's Soccer shuts down Benedictine in NACC win
September 22, 2017 Pitch Pass: Falcons host Eagles in NACC soccer doubleheader
September 21, 2017 Her goal: stopping yours
September 20, 2017 Schlosser's hat trick leads Falcons to NACC-opening win
September 19, 2017 Pitch Pass: NACC opener up next for Women's Soccer
September 16, 2017 Knueppel's second-half score leads Women's Soccer past Lake Forest
September 13, 2017 Women's Soccer secures tie with No. 8 UW-Whitewater
September 12, 2017 Pitch Pass: Women's Soccer hosts UW-Whitewater in home opener
September 6, 2017 No. 3 Chicago downs Women's Soccer
September 2, 2017 Women's Soccer, Concordia Nebraska play to scoreless draw
September 1, 2017 Concordia Ann Arbor stuns Women's Soccer in final minute
August 23, 2017 Women's Soccer slated fifth in NACC preseason poll