PLYMOUTH, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Soccer team posted its best offensive performance of the season, scoring nine times in a dominant road NACC effort Wednesday night. Kayla Schlosser scored four goals, while Allison McElwee added two scores in a 9-0 win at Lakeland.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 9, Lakeland 0
- Location: Taylor Field – Plymouth, Wisconsin
- Records: CUW 6-4-3, 5-1-1 NACC; Lakeland 3-11-0, 0-6-0 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons got going early as Schlosser (Germantown, Wis.) scored her first goal in the seventh minute. Anna Knueppel (Germantown, Wis.) set up the score with a well-executed corner kick and was credited with an assist on the play.
- McElwee (Laramie, Wyo.) scored the next two goals, both unassisted, to put CUW up 3-0. She had great individual efforts, the first dribbling up the middle in the 13th minute, and the second up the left side in the 20th minute.
- Ally Hull (Wasilla, Alaska) put CUW up 4-0 just three minutes later with her first career collegiate goal, assisted by Shannon Carroll (Mundelein, Ill.). Schlosser then made the score 5-0 just under a minute later off another Knueppel assist.
- Schlosser would complete the hat trick in the 54th minute and then went on to score her career-best fourth goal of the match just three minutes later. Knueppel added her third assist of the night on Schlosser's third goal of the night. Knueppel scored the Falcons eighth goal of the evening, while Ashley Johnson (Chesterfield, Mich.) rounded out the scoring in the 67th minute.
- It was all Falcons not only on the scoreboard but in terms of shots as well. CUW ripped 39 shots, 22 of those on goal, while Lakeland tallied just one shot for the match. Tabitha Ortiz (Plainfield, Ill.) picked up her fifth win of the year, playing just the first half before being relieved by Olivia Kindt (Dyer, Ind.).
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Schlosser tallied the Falcons ninth four-goal output since the 2003 season. It was the first time a CUW player scored four times in a match since Brittany Klumpp accomplished the feat against Dominican in 2012. Schlosser now has 10 goals in seven conference matches this season.
- The nine goals were the most for the Falcons in a contest this season and the most since a 10-goal outburst exactly one year ago today. On October 11 of last season, CUW put up 10 in a 10-1 win over Alverno.
- The Falcons will return home for a non-conference match against Elmhurst Saturday. The contest is set to start at 3:30 p.m. and will follow the Men's Soccer match against Finlandia at 1 p.m.
October 22, 2017 Women's Soccer shuts down UW-Oshkosh for Senior Day win
October 20, 2017 McElwee, Ortiz help Women's Soccer clinch NACC Tournament berth
October 18, 2017 Women's Soccer falls on late MSOE penalty kick
October 14, 2017 Women's Soccer edged by Elmhurst in foggy conditions
October 13, 2017 Pitch Pass: Elmhurst visits Women's Soccer Saturday
October 11, 2017 Women's Soccer routs Lakeland with nine-goal outburst
October 8, 2017 Women's Soccer shut out at UW-La Crosse
October 7, 2017 Women's Soccer plays to scoreless draw with Dominican
October 4, 2017 Women's Soccer posts convincing NACC win over Wisconsin Lutheran
October 3, 2017 Pitch Pass: Wisconsin Lutheran up next for Women's Soccer
September 30, 2017 Women's Soccer team falls to Aurora
September 27, 2017 Falcons soar past Eagles with four-goal second half
September 23, 2017 Women's Soccer shuts down Benedictine in NACC win
September 22, 2017 Pitch Pass: Falcons host Eagles in NACC soccer doubleheader
September 21, 2017 Her goal: stopping yours
September 20, 2017 Schlosser's hat trick leads Falcons to NACC-opening win
September 19, 2017 Pitch Pass: NACC opener up next for Women's Soccer
September 16, 2017 Knueppel's second-half score leads Women's Soccer past Lake Forest
September 13, 2017 Women's Soccer secures tie with No. 8 UW-Whitewater
September 12, 2017 Pitch Pass: Women's Soccer hosts UW-Whitewater in home opener
September 6, 2017 No. 3 Chicago downs Women's Soccer
September 2, 2017 Women's Soccer, Concordia Nebraska play to scoreless draw
September 1, 2017 Concordia Ann Arbor stuns Women's Soccer in final minute
August 23, 2017 Women's Soccer slated fifth in NACC preseason poll