HILTON HEAD, S.C. – Amanda Ropiak captured Concordia University Wisconsin's lone women's tennis singles victory, while Carroll University took an 8-1 non-conference match. The match was the first of five for the Falcons on their spring break trip.
Ropiak (freshman, Franklin, Wis.) defeated her No. 6 singles competitor 6-4, 6-2 to score CUW's (9-4) lone point. Freshman Ashley Knoll (Wilmot, Wis.) pushed her No. 4 singles opponent in the first set but fell 7-5.
The Pioneers (12-3) cruised in all three doubles matches winning by scores of 8-1, 8-0 and 8-0.
CUW returns to the court on Monday for a non-conference match against the University of St. Thomas.
03/24/13 at Hilton Head, S.C
1. Pellett, Abigail (CC) def. Spransy, Julie (CUW) 6-0, 6-1
2. Rasmussen, Kate (CC) def. Ward, Jaclyn (CUW) 6-0, 6-2
3. Larson, Alyssa (CC) def. Reinke, Callie (CUW) 6-2, 6-0
4. Rosenberg, Megan (CC) def. Knoll, Ashley (CUW) 7-5, 6-0
5. Patzin, Julia (CC) def. McCormick, Emily (CUW) 6-2, 6-1
6. Ropiak, Amanda (CUW) def. Wick, Sarah (CC) 6-4, 6-2
1. Pellett, Abigail/Larson, Alyssa (CC) def. Spransy, Julie/Ward, Jaclyn (CUW) 8-1
2. Rasmussen, Kate/Rosenberg, Megan (CC) def. Reinke, Callie/Knoll, Ashley (CUW) 8-0
3. Patzin, Julia/Weckop, Amanda (CC) def. McCormick, Emily/Ropiak, Amanda (CUW) 8-0
Concordia Wisconsin 9-4