Women's Tennis blanked by St. Thomas
HILTON HEAD, S.C. – The University of St. Thomas' women's tennis team blanked Concordia University Wisconsin on Monday, 9-0, in a non-conference matchup. The loss is the second-consecutive for the Falcons on their spring break trip.
The Tommies gave up just three points during doubles play as they won 8-3, 8-0 and 8-0 to take a 3-0 advantage into singles competition. Sophomore Emily McCormick (Waukesha, Wis.) competed hard for the Falcons during her No. 5 singles match for the Falcons, but fell 6-3, 6-1.
CUW (9-5) continues its five-straight days of non-conference play on Tuesday against the College of St. Benedict.
03/25/13 at Hilton Head, S.C
1. Henderson, Shelby (UST) def. Spransy, Julie (CUW) 6-2, 6-0
2. Allen, Mary (UST) def. Ward, Jaclyn (CUW) 6-0, 6-1
3. Wright, Rachel (UST) def. Reinke, Callie (CUW) 6-0, 6-0
4. Alexander, Brittany (UST) def. Knoll, Ashley (CUW) 6-0, 6-1
5. Ternet, Elizabeth (UST) def. McCormick, Emily (CUW) 6-3, 6-1
6. Wright, Anna (UST) def. Ropiak, Amanda (CUW) 6-0, 6-1
1. Lefsrud, Kara/Noack, Bridget (UST) def. Spransy, Julie/Ward, Jaclyn (CUW) 8-3
2. Henderson, Shelby/Allen, Mary (UST) def. Reinke, Callie/Knoll, Ashley (CUW) 8-0
3. Elkin, Claire/Alexander, Brittany (UST) def. McCormick, Emily/Ropiak, Amanda (CUW) 8-0