HILTON HEAD, S.C. – Amanda Ropiak claimed Concordia University Wisconsin's lone singles win as the College of Saint Benedict picked up an 8-1 non-conference victory.
Ropiak (freshman, Franklin, Wis.) earned a hard-fought win at No. 6 singles by scores of 6-3, 7-5 over her opponent. The singles victory was the second during the spring break trip for her. Senior Julie Spransy (Brown Deer, Wis.) also pushed her No. 1 singles competitor by eventually fell 6-2, 7-5.
CUW will play its fourth match in as many days against SUNY Oneonta on Wednesday afternoon. The Falcons will conclude their spring break trip on Thursday against Colby College.
03/26/13 at Hilton Head, S.C. (Hilton Head Beach and Tennis Courts)
1. Daley Rupar (CSB) def. Spransy, Julie (CUW) 6-2, 7-5
2. Ellie Black (CSB) def. Ward, Jaclyn (CUW) 6-0, 6-0
3. Beth Richmond (CSB) def. Reinke, Callie (CUW) 6-1, 6-2
4. Aly Dahlquist (CSB) def. Knoll, Ashley (CUW) 6-0, 6-1
5. Alli Renze (CSB) def. McCormick, Emily (CUW) 6-2, 6-3
6. Ropiak, Amanda (CUW) def. Stef Havemeier (CSB) 6-3, 7-5
1. Daley Rupar/Victoria Beach (CSB) def. Spransy, Julie/Ward, Jaclyn (CUW) 8-2
2. Ellie Black/Jamie Hoffman (CSB) def. Reinke, Callie/Knoll, Ashley (CUW) 8-0
3. Beth Richmond/Aly Dahlquist (CSB) def. McCormick, Emily/Ropiak, Amanda (CUW) 8-0
Saint Benedict 7-3
Concordia Wisconsin 9-6