McCormick (sophomore, Waukesha, Wis.) and Ropiak (Franklin, Wis.) were the lone bright spot for the Falcons (9-7) as they defeated their opponents by an 8-6 score at No. 3 doubles. The win is the first of the spring trip for the duo in doubles play.
Senior Jaclyn Ward (Franklin, Wis.) pushed her No. 2 opponent in the opening set but fell in a tiebreaker 7-6 (7-2). Ropiak also played well in singles play at No. 6, but dropped a tough 6-2, 7-5 match.
CUW returns to the court on Thursday for its final match of the spring trip against Colby College.
03/27/13 at Hilton Head, S.C.
1. Browarski, Danielle (SUNYO) def. Spransy, Julie (CUW) 6-4, 6-3
2. Sussman, Brynn (SUNYO) def. Ward, Jaclyn (CUW) 7-6 (7-2), 6-1
3. Maggiore, Emily (SUNYO) def. Reinke, Callie (CUW) 6-1, 6-1
4. Lankowicz, Colette (SUNYO) def. Knoll, Ashley (CUW) 6-1, 6-0
5. Spencer, Michelle (SUNYO) def. McCormick, Emily (CUW) 6-1, 6-2
6. Reithel, Raine (SUNYO) def. Ropiak, Amanda (CUW) 6-2, 7-5
1. Browarski, Danielle/Sussman, Brynn (SUNYO) def. Spransy, Julie/Ward, Jaclyn (CUW) 8-6
2. Lankowicz, Colette/Maggiore, Emily (SUNYO) def. Reinke, Callie/Knoll, Ashley (CUW) 8-5
3. McCormick, Emily/Ropiak, Amanda (CUW) def. Smith, Abigail/Gochan, Kelly (SUNYO) 8-6
Suny Oneonta 9-7
Concordia Wisconsin 9-7