Women's Tennis ends spring break trip with loss to Nebraska Wesleyan
HILTON HEAD, S.C. – Elizabeth Carroll won Concordia University Wisconsin's only point during an 8-1 non-conference defeat to Nebraska Wesleyan University on Friday to end their spring break trip.
Carroll earned a 6-4, 6-0 victory at No. 4 singles to garner the only Falcons point in the match. Freshman Jessica Sapp (Memphis, Mich.) nearly picked up a point for CUW, but fell 7-5, 7-5 at No. 6 singles.
NWU (3-8) earned all three wins during doubles play, including 8-3 wins at No. 2 and 3 pairings. During singles play, they gave up just the one match and picked up a straight sets victory at No. 1 singles.
CUW (10-9) returns to the court on Saturday, April 5 for a non-conference match at St. Norbert College.
Nebraska Wesleyan 8, Concordia Wisconsin 1
03/28/14 at Hilton Head, S.C.
1. Ternent, Katherine (NWU) def. McCormick, Emily (CUW) 6-0, 6-0
2. Husmann, Hannah (NWU) def. Weber, Kristine (CUW) 6-1, 6-0
3. Cech, Natalie (NWU) def. Knoll, Ashley (CUW) 6-2, 6-4
4. Carroll, Elizabeth (CUW) def. Heywood, Jennifer (NWU) 6-4, 6-0
5. Litterick, Addie (NWU) def. Ropiak, Amanda (CUW) 6-2, 6-4
6. Harder, Courtney (NWU) def. Sapp, Jessica (CUW) 7-5, 7-5
1. Ternent, Katherine/Cech, Natalie (NWU) def. Weber, Kristine/Carroll, Elizabeth (CUW) 8-1
2. Husmann, Hannah/Heywood, Jennifer (NWU) def. McCormick, Emily/Knoll, Ashley (CUW) 8-3
3. Litterick, Addie/Harder, Courtney (NWU) def. Ropiak, Amanda/Wagner, Michaela (CUW) 8-3
Concordia Wisconsin 10-9
Nebraska Wesleyan 3-8