WAUKESHA, Wis. – Concordia University Wisconsin started the fall portion of its 2015-16 season on the wrong side of a 9-0 loss at Carroll University on Wednesday night.
Final Score: Carroll 9, Concordia Wisconsin 0
Location: Waukesha, Wis.
Records: Carroll (2-0), Concordia Wisconsin (0-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Pioneers began the match by winning all three doubles competitions, two of which ended in 8-2 scores.
- Carroll then blanked CUW in singles play by winning all six matches, including three where the Falcons didn't score more than two points in the straight set losses.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Freshmen Bailey Kelly (Racine, Wis.) and Ashley Solberg (Waukesha, Wis.) played in their first collegiate match of their careers. Both also were paired together at No. 1 doubles for the Falcons.
- Junior Michaela Wagner (Oswego, Ill.) and Solberg took their opponents deep into their singles matches before eventually falling. Wagner went down 6-7, 6-4, 10-1 at No. 5 singles, while Solberg dropped a 5-7, 6-3, 10-3 decision at No. 1 singles.
UP NEXT FOR CUW
- The Falcons begin Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference play with a 10 am home match against Aurora.