RIVER FOREST, Ill. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Tennis team ran its record in the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference to a perfect 6-0 with a pair of league wins over Concordia Chicago and Dominican on Saturday. The Falcons dropped just one match in two contests, downing the Cougars 9-0 before beating the Stars 8-1.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 9, Concordia Chicago 0; Concordia Wisconsin 8, Dominican 1
Location: River Forest, Ill. (Dominican and Concordia Chicago)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 6-1, 6-0 NACC, Concordia Chicago 1-4, 1-4 NACC, Dominican 2-7, 2-5 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons won all six doubles matches on the day, beginning contests with the Cougars and Stars with a 3-0 lead. The No. 2 team of Hannah Tresedder (Kingsford, Mich.) and junior Michaela Wagner (Oswego, Ill.) picked up an 8-0 against Concordia Chicago and also won 8-1 against the Stars.
- The No. 1 and No. 3 duos also went 2-0 for the Falcons. The No. 1 pairing of freshmen Ashley Solberg (Waukesha, Wis.) and Bailey Kelly (Racine, Wis.) posted 8-6 and 8-1 wins, while the No. 3 duo of sophomore Sabine Jacobsen (Palatine, Ill.) and freshman Katherine Lindow (Kohler, Wis.) earned a pair of 8-1 wins.
- CUW was nearly as dominant in doubles play, winning 11 of 12 matches throughout the day. It started with Solberg at the No. 1 position as she posted a 6-2, 6-0 win against the Cougars and followed suit with a 6-2, 6-1 in the later match against the Stars.
- Tresedder played No. 2 singles for the Falcons and also won in straight sets for both matches, posting 6-2, 6-1 and 6-1, 6-0 results.
- Wagner earned a 6-0, 6-1 win against Concordia Chicago and also posted an easy 6-1, 6-1 win against the Stars. Kelly and junior Alisia Macioch (South St. Paul, Minn.) each rolled to straight set wins in both matches at No. 5 and 6 singles, respectively. Each player won 6-0, 6-1 in the first match, while Kelly went 6-0, 6-3 in the later session and Macioch gained a 6-0, 6-2 result.
- Jacobsen also gained a singles win at the No. 3 position for the Falcons, winning 6-0, 6-1 against Concordia Chicago.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- CUW has been dominant in six conference matches, winning those by a combined score of 49-5. The Falcons have defeated three teams (Lakeland, Mount Mary and Concordia Chicago) 9-0.
- Tresedder, Wagner, Kelly and Macioch are all perfect in singles matches in NACC play this season. Tresedder and Wagner are also each perfect in conference play in doubles thus far.
- The Falcons will continue conference play with a matchup against Alverno on Tuesday at 4 p.m. at the CUW Tennis Courts.