MILWAUKEE, Wis. – Concordia University Wisconsin won at least a share of the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference title with a 9-0 shutout against Wisconsin Lutheran College on Friday evening.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 9, Wisconsin Lutheran 0
Location: Hart Park (Wauwatosa, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 9-1 (9-0 NACC), Wisconsin Lutheran 8-3 (6-2 NACC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons blanked the Warriors to claim at least a share of the NACC regular season title and pushed their record to 9-0 in league play.
- During doubles play, it was the combination of sophomore Sabine Jacobsen (Palatine, Ill.) and freshman Katherine Lindow (Kohler, Wis.) who blanked their No. 3 doubles opponents, 8-0, to swing the momentum in CUW's favor.
- Sophomore Hannah Tresedder (Kingsford, Mich.) and junior Michaela Wagner (Oswego, Ill.) also defeated their No. 2 doubles competitors by a score of 8-1.
- During singles play, the Falcons gave up just six games from No. 3-6. The highlight was freshman Bailey Kelly's (Racine, Wis.) 6-0, 6-0 victory at No. 5 singles.
- Jacobsen and Wagner each gave up just one game, while winning 6-1, 6-0 and 6-0, 6-1, respectively, at No. 3 and No. 4 singles.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- CUW has won at least a share of the NACC title for the first time since the 2011 season. They also shared the NACC regular season title in 2010.
- The Falcons have defeated the Warriors in three-consecutive matches and shut them out for the fourth time in the NACC era.
- Kelly, Tresedder and junior Alisia Macioch (South St. Paul, Minn.) each remained undefeated in singles during league play.
- The doubles pairing of Kelly and freshman Ashley Solberg have won eight-straight doubles matches.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- CUW plays for the outright NACC regular season title on Saturday at 2 pm against MSOE at the CUW Tennis Courts.