GREENVILLE, Ill. – Concordia Wisconsin defeated Greenville, 7-2, on Friday afternoon during non-conference play to extend its winning streak to 16-straight matches.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 7, Greenville 2
Location: Greenville, Ill.
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 16-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons opened doubles play and won each match with ease, including an 8-0 victory at No. 1 doubles by freshman Ashley Solberg (Waukesha, Wis.) and freshman Bailey Kelly (Racine, Wis.).
- During singles play it was sophomore Sabine Jacobsen (Palatine, Ill.) who shutout her opponent at No. 3 singles by a 6-0, 6-0 score. Kelly won 6-1, 6-1 at No. 4 singles and junior Michaela Wagner (Oswego, Ill.) took down her No. 5 singles opponent by a 6-0, 6-2 score. Sophomore Hannah Tresedder (Kingsford, Mich.) won at No. 2 singles by a 6-2, 6-2 decision.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Falcons extended their single season record for wins to 16 and have every match since losing the season opener.
- Wagner moved into sole possession of third place in the program's history for doubles victory with 38. Her all-time doubles record is 38-21 (.644).
- Kelly is now in second place for single season singles victories with 16. She is 16-2 on the season. Meanwhile, Wagner and Tresedder are right behind with 15 and 14 singles wins this season, respectively.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- The Falcons compete at Principia (10 am) and North Central (6 pm) on Saturday.