MEQUON, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin dropped a pair of non-conference matches on Saturday afternoon, a 5-4 decision to North Park and an 8-1 match to Carroll.
Final Score: North Park 5, Concordia Wisconsin 4; Carroll 8, Concordia Wisconsin 1
Location: Mequon, Wis.
Records: North Park 6-7, Carroll 17-7, Concordia Wisconsin 17-6
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin began the day by dropping a nail-biting decision to North Park. The Falcons won two doubles matches to take an early 2-1 lead. Freshman Ashley Solberg (Waukesha, Wis.) and freshman Bailey Kelly (Racine, Wis.) earned an 8-3 victory at No. 1 doubles, while sophomore Hannah Tresedder (Kingsford, Mich.) and junior Michaela Wagner (Oswego, Ill.) recorded an 8-4 win at No. 2 doubles.
- The Vikings took over in the singles portion of the match, winning four of the possible six points to earn a come-from-behind win.
- Kelly notched a 6-3, 6-1 win at No. 4 singles and junior Alisia Macioch (South St. Paul, Minn.) finished with a 6-1, 6-3 decision at No. 6 singles.
- Carroll controlled Concordia Wisconsin during an 8-1 non-conference match.
- The Pioneers won all three doubles matches and all but one singles match. The Falcons' Solberg earned the team's long point with a hard-fought 2-6, 6-4, 1-0 (10-3) decision at No. 1 singles.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- The Falcons return to play on Saturday, April 23 for non-conference match at UW-Stevens Point.