STEVENS POINT, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin returned to its winning ways on Saturday with a 6-3 non-conference victory at UW-Stevens Point. The Falcons improve their record-setting season win total to 18 matches.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 6, UW-Stevens Point 3
Location: Stevens Point, Wis.
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 18-6, UW-Stevens Point 6-12
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons breezed through doubles play, winning all three matches to take a 3-0 lead. The pairings of sophomore Sabine Jacobsen (Palatine, Ill.) and freshman Bailey Kelly (Racine, Wis.), along with junior Alisia Macioch (South St. Paul, Minn.) and senior Amanda Ropiak (Franklin, Wis.) each won 8-2 in their respective doubles match.
- Kelly helped the Falcons to the victory with a 6-1, 6-0 decision at No. 3 singles. Junior Michaela Wagner (Oswego, Ill.) earned a 7-5, 6-2 win at No. 4 singles, while Ropiak recorded a 6-2, 6-1 victory at No. 6 singles.
- The win snaps a five-match losing streak and improves their win total during this record setting season.
- Kelly is one singles match win shy of tying the program's single season record set by Erin Henrich in 2009-10.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- CUW will host UW-Oshkosh on Friday for its final tune up before the Northern Athletics Collegiate Conference Tournament on Sunday, May 8. The Falcons enter the postseason event as the No. 1 overall seed.