ST LOUIS – Concordia Wisconsin's most successful season in program history came to an end on Thursday afternoon with a 5-0 loss to No. 22 Denison at Tao Tennis Center during a NCAA Tournament matchup.
Final Score: No. 22 Denison 5, Concordia Wisconsin 0
Location: Tao Tennis Center (St. Louis, Mo.)
Records: Denison: 15-7, Concordia Wisconsin 21-7
HOW IT HAPPENED
- No. 22 Denison jumped out to a 3-0 advantage after doubles matches. No. 1 and No. 2 doubles for CUW both fell 8-2 in their matchup. The Falcons No. 3 doubles team of Sabine Jacobsen (Palatine, Ill.) and Alisia Macioch (South St. Paul, Minn.) were defeated 8-4.
- In singles play Denison swept the field in the No. 1 and No. 2 singles matches winning 6-0, 6-0 in both sets, which would seal the match for the Big Red.
- The Falcons were only able to get two games in the No. 5 singles from Macioch who trailed 5-2 when the match concluded.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Falcons finished the season with a program-record 21 wins.
- This was CUW's first ever appearance in the NCAA Tournament.
- Freshman Bailey Kelly (Racine, Wis.) set the program season record for singles victories with 24.
- Sophomore Sabine Jacobsen (Palatine, Ill.) and junior Michaela Wagner (Oswego, Ill.) each tied the program's season record for doubles wins with 22.