JACKSON, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin lost a pair of non-conference matches in its return to the court, with a 7-2 defeat to Northwestern (Minn.) and an 8-1 setback to UW-La Crosse on Saturday at Pleasant Valley Tennis Center.
Final Score: Northwestern (Minn.) 7, Concordia Wisconsin 2; UW-La Crosse 8, Concordia Wisconsin 1
Location: Pleasant Valley Tennis Center (Jackson, Wis.)
Records: UW-La Crosse 11-1, Concordia Wisconsin 10-2, Northwestern (Minn.) 7-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin found itself down 3-0 after doubles play against Northwestern (Minn.) and the only players to win during singles play were sophomore Bailey Kelly and junior Elizabeth Carroll.
- Kelly (Racine, Wis.) earned a 6-2, 3-6, 1-0 (10-7) victory at No. 2 singles, while Carroll (Hartford, Wis.) picked up a 2-6, 6-3, 1-0 (10-3) decision at No. 4 singles.
- The Falcons also faced a difficult opponent in the even match against the Eagles. Carroll was the lone player to earn a point, with a 6-3, 6-2 victory at No. 4 singles.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Carroll improved her record to 11-0 this year at the No. 4 singles position.
- The losses snap a 10 game winning streak for the Falcons.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin returns the court for its spring break trip to Hilton Head, S.C. They will compete against Wooster, Webster, Millsaps, Stockton and Indiana East from March 14-17.