HILTON HEAD, S.C. – Concordia Wisconsin began the day on a sour note with a 6-3 setback to Millsaps before ending a five-match losing streak by earning an 8-1 win over Stockton on Thursday.
Final Score: Millsaps 6, Concordia Wisconsin 3; Concordia Wisconsin 8, Stockton 1
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 11-5, Millsaps 9-3, Stockton 8-5
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons found themselves ahead 2-1 after doubles play to the Majors from Millsaps, but the momentum shifted during singles play. The pairings of sophomore Ashley Solberg (Waukesha, Wis.) and junior Elizabeth Carroll (Hartford, Wis.), along with junior Sabine Jacobsen (Palatine, Ill.) and senior Michaela Wagner (Oswego, Ill.) each had an 8-2 victory.
- Concordia Wisconsin was able to capture just one point when sophomore Bailey Kelly (Racine, Wis.) won 6-4, 6-4 at No. 2 singles.
- The afternoon match was much more favorable, as the Falcons led 3-0 after doubles play when every pairing ended with an 8-3 decision.
- Tresedder lost just one set during a 6-0, 6-1 victory at No. 3 singles. Carroll had a 6-2, 6-0 victory at No. 4 singles, while freshman Emma Sievers (Slinger, Wis.) recorded a 6-3, 6-0 decision at No. 5 singles.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Falcons are 6-6 in doubles matches during their spring break trip, but were 5-1 on Thursday.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin concludes its five-match trip with a non-conference contest on Friday against Indiana East.