HILTON HEAD, S.C. – Concordia Wisconsin ends its spring break trip with a hard-fought 5-4 loss to Indiana East in non-conference play on Friday morning.
Final Score: Indiana East 5, Concordia Wisconsin 4
Records: Indiana East 9-4, Concordia Wisconsin 11-6
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin captured a point when sophomore Ashley Solberg (Waukesha, Wis.) and junior Elizabeth Carroll (Hartford, Wis.) won 8-2 at No. 1 doubles. Indiana East took doubles points at the No. 2 and No. 3 positions.
- Each team won three singles matches.
- Solberg picked up a difficult 6-3, 7-6 (7-5) win at No. 1 singles, while junior Hannah Tresedder (Kingsford, Mich.) had the longest match of the event before winning 7-6 (7-4), 3-6, 1-0 (10-5) at the No. 3 singles spot.
- Junior Sabine Jacobsen (Palatine, Ill.) walked away with a 6-2, 6-0 victory at No. 6 singles.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Concordia Wisconsin ended its spring break trip with a 1-4 record.
- A trio of Falcons finished 3-2 in singles play, while Solberg/Carroll were 3-2 in doubles action.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin returns to action on Saturday, April 1 for two non-conference matches against Principia and Wheaton.