WHEATON, Ill. – Concordia Wisconsin had a nail-biting 5-4 defeat against North Central before Wheaton overwhelmed the Falcons with a 9-0 decision on Saturday.
Final Score: North Central 5, Concordia Wisconsin 4; Wheaton 9, Concordia Wisconsin 0
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 11-8, North Central 10-6, Wheaton 16-2
HOW IT HAPPENED
- North Central won two of the three doubles matches to take an early 2-1 lead over Concordia Wisconsin in the opening event of the day.
- The competition heated up during singles play and both teams went back and forth. The Cardinals won at No. 2 singles to increase their lead to 3-1 on the scoreboard prior to freshman Emma Sievers (Slinger, Wis.) and senior Michaela Wagner (Oswego, Ill.) earning victories at No. 6 and No. 5 singles, respectively, to tie the match at three points apiece.
- After North Central took the No. 3 singles match, Concordia Wisconsin's junior Elizabeth Carroll (Hartford, Wis.) earned a 6-3, 2-6, 1-0 (10-7) victory at No. 4 singles to knot the match at four points each. The match came down to the No. 1 singles match, which was won by the Cardinals 2-6, 6-3, 1-0 (10-6).
- During the afternoon match against Wheaton, who is ranked No. 14 regionally, didn't fare as well. The Thunder won every match for a shutout win.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will compete against Carroll and Dubuque on Saturday, April 8.