GREEN BAY, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin was on the wrong end of a 6-3 non-conference match against St. Norbert to start the day, but rebounded for a convincing 7-2 win over UW-River Falls at Western Racquet Club on Sunday morning.
Final Score: St. Norbert 6, Concordia Wisconsin 3; Concordia Wisconsin 7, UW-River Falls 2
Location: Western Racquet Club (Green Bay, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 14-9, St. Norbert 17-11, UW-River Falls 1-10
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons finished a busy four-match weekend with a 3-1 record and continues to prepare for the NACC Tournament with non-conference matches.
- Concordia Wisconsin won just a point in doubles to fall behind 2-1 against St. Norbert. Sophomore Ashley Solberg (Waukesha, Wis.) and sophomore Bailey Kelly (Racine, Wis.) earned an 8-4 win at the No. 1 double position.
- During singles play, it was junior Hannah Tresedder (Kingsford, Mich.) who earned a hard-fought 6-3, 2-6, 1-0 (10-7) win at No. 3 singles. Also, freshman Emma Sievers (Slinger, Wis.) picked up a 6-2, 6-4 victory at No. 5 singles.
- Concluding the day, the Falcons rolled to an early 3-0 lead after winning each doubles match against UW-River Falls. Solberg and Kelly shutout their No. 1 doubles opponents, while Tresedder and senior Michaela Wagner (Oswego, Ill.) had an 8-1 win at No. 2 doubles.
- Singles play featured a Sievers easy 6-0, 6-0 win and a junior Sabine Jacobsen (Palatine, Ill.) 6-0, 6-1 victory at No. 6 singles.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Sievers extends her singles winning streak to five matches in a row.
- The Falcons are 3-3 during April and have four non-conference matches to play before the month ends.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin returns to the court on Friday, April 21 for a 4 pm non-conference match at Carthage.