NEW BERLIN, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin continued its winning ways on Friday evening with an 8-1 non-conference victory at Carroll inside the Mooreland Tennis and Pickleball Center.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 8, Carroll 1
Location: Mooreland Tennis and Pickleball Center (New Berlin, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 17-3, Carroll 9-8
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin rolled through doubles play, allowing just four games to be won by Carroll. The duos of senior Hannah Tresedder (Kingsford, Mich.) and senior Elizabeth Carroll (Hartford, Wis.), along with sophomore Emma Sievers (Slinger, Wis.) and senior Sabine Jacobsen (Palatine, Ill.) each won by scores of 8-1.
- Sievers highlighted the singles matches with a 6-1, 6-0 victory at the No.5 position, while Tresedder earned a 6-1 6-1 win at No. 4 singles.
- The Falcons have three non-conference matches remaining on their regular season schedule prior to the NACC Tournament, where they are the top-ranked seed.
BEYOND THE RESULTS
- The Falcons have won five matches in a row and seven of their last eight contests.
- Concordia Wisconsin has defeated Carroll in the last three meetings after losing seven-consecutive.
- Jacobsen owns the most doubles win over a career (2006-present) and now has 65 during her nearly four years as a Falcon.
- The doubles pairing of juniors Bailey Kelly (Racine, Wis.) and Ashley Solberg (Waukesha, Wis.) have won seven-straight matches.
- Sievers is 9-1 over her last 10 singles matches.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will travel to Lake Forest, Ill., for non-conference matches against Lake Forest and Carthage on Sunday.