RIPON, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Track & Field team posted another strong showing Saturday by finishing second at the Private College Championships. The Falcons were led by event wins from Nora Imperl, Jennifer Miller, and Morgan Marnholtz
- Falcons Finish: 2nd of 11 (122 points)
- Meet Champion: St. Norbert (242 points)
- Location: Ingalls Field – Ripon, Wisconsin
- Individual Champions: Nora Imperl (3,000 Steeplechase); Jennifer Miller (Pole Vault); Morgan Marnholtz (Triple Jump)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Imperl (Greenfield, Wis.) won the 3,000-meter steeplechase on Saturday. Imperl finished the race in a time of 11:33.61. In other distance events, the Falcons had a few top-five finishes, led by Hannah Erl (Wauwatosa, Wis.) and Martha Kulberg (Maple Grove, Minn.) in the 5,000-meter run. Erl finished second in 19:37.95, while Kulberg was fourth with a time of 19:50.6. Paulina Agnello (Brookfield, Wis.) added a fourth-place finish in the 1,500 (5:10.08).
- Miller (Freedom, Wis.) led another impressive showing for the Falcons in the pole vault. She won the event by clearing 3.35 meters. Ariana Koehler and Kailey Koehler (Lake Geneva, Wis.) each finished in the top five of the event as well. Ariana was second, clearing 3.20 meters, while Kailey came in fifth (2.90 meters).
- Marnholtz (Merrill, Wis.) was the third Falcon to win an event on Saturday, topping the field in the triple jump. She landed at 10.65 meters for her win. Nicole Veldhorst (Cedar Grove, Wis.) added a second-place finish in the high jump for CUW, clearing 1.55 meters.
- The Falcons had some strong showings in the throwing events Saturday as well, led by Chloe Eckstein (Reedsville, Wis.) who finished second in the discus throw. Eckstein landed a throw of 39.22 meters. She also finished sixth in both the hammer and javelin throws. Beth Garncarz (Milwaukee, Wis.) was fifth in the hammer throw (37.97 meters) while Christine Swoboda (Chippewa Falls, Wis.) placed fifth in the javelin throw (30.40 meters). Delaney Verba (Milwaukee, Wis.) added a fifth-place finish in the shot put, landing 10.65 meters.
- In the springs, CUW had a few top-five finishes to help the team score. Colleen Sauvey (De Pere, Wis.) placed third in the 100-meter dash, crossing the finish line in 13.51 seconds. Miller added a third-place finish in the 200, completing the race in a time of 27.75. The Falcons also had fourth and fifth-place finishes from Marnholtz and Briana Gratz (Fairmont, Minn.) in the 400 with times of 1:04.16 and 1:05.01, respectively.
- The final top-five finish for the Falcons came in the 100-meter hurdles. Cassidy Pethke (Larsen, Wis.) placed fifth in the event, running her race in a time of 17.61.
- CUW will be off next weekend before taking part in the Augustana Viking Invitational on Friday, April 21st. The meet is set to start at 4 p.m.