DE PERE, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Track & Field won seven different events helping them to a team championship at the St. Norbert Quadrangular Saturday. The meet was the final one for the Falcons before the NACC Outdoor Championships next week.
- Falcons Finish: 1st of 6 (190.5 points)
- Individual Champions: Colleen Sauvey (100); Jennifer Miller (200); Cassandra Sprotte (800); Martha Kulberg (3,000); Nora Imperl (5,000); 4X100-meter relay (Miller, Tristiana March, Irene Bolis, Sauvey); Taylor Corkum (Pole Vault)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Six of the Falcons seven event wins came on the track, including three in sprinting events. Colleen Sauvey (De Pere, Wis.) impressed in her hometown, winning the 100-meter dash in a time of 12.93. Jennifer Miller (Freedom, Wis.) added a 200-meter dash win, completing the race in 27.47 seconds. Sauvey and Miller were also on the winning 4X100-meter dash team with Tristiana March (Janesville, Wis.) and Irene Bolis (Marengo, Ill.) as the four ran a time of 50.55.
- Also in the sprinting events, March gained a fourth-place finish in the 200-meter dash, while Morgan Marnholtz (Merrill, Wis.) and Briana Gratz (Fairmont, Minn.) finished second and third in the 400.
- In the 800, CUW placed four in the top five led by Cassandra Sprotte (Abbotsford, Wis.) who won the race with a time of 2:17.64. Molly Wirtz (Stevens Point, Wis.) finished third, while Lindsey Fratzke (Winona, Minn.) and Paulina Agnello (Brookfield, Wis.) posted fourth and fifth-place finishes, respectively. Those four runners teamed up for a second-place finish in the 4X400-meter relay.
- Also in distance events, CUW gained individual wins in the 3,000 and 5,000-meter runs. Martha Kulberg (Maple Grove, Minn.) won the 3,000 with a time of 11:07.19, while Nora Imperl (Greenfield, Wis.) posted a win in the 5,000, completing the race in 18:45.83.
- CUW dominated the pole vault on Saturday, placing four inside the top five. Taylor Corkum (Wauwatosa, Wis.) won the event by clearing 3.42 meters while Ariana Koehler (Lake Geneva, Wis.) also cleared 3.42 meters and finished second. Miller was third (3.27) and Kailey Koehler (Lake Geneva, Wis.) finished fifth (2.97).
- In the high jump, Nicole Veldhorst (Cedar Grove, Wis.) finished second by clearing 1.52 meters.
- Courtney Van Damme (Omro, Wis.) had a strong day for CUW, finishing fifth in the long jump by leaping 4.51 meters and placing third in the javelin throw by landing 30.82 meters. Chloe Eckstein (Reedsville, Wis.) placed fifth in the javelin throw (29.52).
- Marnholtz added a third-place finish for CUW in the triple jump, coming in at 10.56 meters. Sauvey finished fourth in the hammer throw (46.79 meters). The Falcons also had two runners in the top five in the 100-meter hurdles as Moira Kilgas (Omro, Wis.) and Bolis finished fourth and fifth, each crossing the finish line at 16.81.
- Eckstein (Hammer Throw – 40.77)
- Ariana Koehler (Pole Vault – 3.42)
- Tatiana March (Javelin – 25.93)
- Sam Meixell (Javelin – 25.76)
- Miller (200 – 27.47)
- Cassidy Pethke (100 Hurdles – 17.07)
- Sauvey (100 – 12.93)
- Van Damme (Javelin – 30.82)
- CUW will compete at the NACC Outdoor Championships next Friday and Saturday. The meet is set to begin Friday at 9:30 a.m. at Benedictine.