KENOSHA, Wis. – Cassandra Sprotte and Irene Bolis set school records, pacing the Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Track & Field Team at the Tadd Metzger Invite Friday. Sprotte set the school record in the 600-meter run, while Bolis topped her own mark in the 55-meter hurdles. The Falcons finished fifth as a team Friday.
- Falcons Finish: 5th of 9 (80.5 points)
- Location: Tarble Athletic and Recreation Center – Kenosha, Wisconsin
- Individual Champions: Sprotte (600); Nora Imperl (1,000-meter run); Alden Goucher (Triple Jump)
- School Records: Sprotte (600); Bolis (55-meter hurdles)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Sprotte topped the field in the 600-meter run with her school-record setting time of 1:42.69. The Falcons previous best in the 600 came from Sarah Seefeldt during the 1999 season (1:43.21).
- Bolis broke her own school record by .02 seconds in the finals of the 55-meter hurdles. She ran a 9.24, breaking her 9.26 set last season.
- Imperl added a win in the 1,000-meter run for the Falcons Saturday, completing the race in 3:09.13. The Falcons final event win came from Alden Goucher in the triple jump, as she recorded 11.14 meters. Morgan Marnholtz (10.45) added a third-place finish in the triple jump. Marnholtz also posted a fifth-place finish in the 400-meter dash.
- The Falcons had another good showing in the pole vault as Taylor Corkum and Jennifer Miller placed second and third, respectively. Corkum cleared 3.4 meters for her runner-up finish while Miller cleared 3.25 meters.
- Molly Wirtz placed third in the mile, finishing the race in 5:34.19. Hannah Barrow added a fifth-place finish in the 5,000-meter run, clocking in at 23:26.2. Nicole Veldhorst added a fourth-place finish in the high jump, clearing 1.50 meters.
- Bolis - 55 hurdles (9.24)
- Goucher - Triple Jump (11.14)
- Joleen Gravelle - Shot Put (9.24)
- Gravelle - Weight Throw (11.49)
- Kailey Koehler - Pole Vault (3.10)
- Christine Swoboda - Shot Put (9.34)
- The Falcons are off next weekend and will return to compete at the UW-Platteville Invitational on February 10. The meet is set to start at 11 a.m.
March 3, 2018 Corkum concludes indoor season at Pointer Final Qualfier
February 25, 2018 Women's Track & Field finishes second at NACC Indoor Championships
February 22, 2018 Women's Track & Field ready for NACC Championships
February 17, 2018 Women's Track & Field competes at Titan Challenge
February 10, 2018 Pole Vault crew paces Women's Track & Field Saturday
January 26, 2018 Sprotte, Bolis set school records at Tadd Metzger Invite
December 18, 2017 De Lap breaks five American Records at Desert Solstice Event
December 5, 2017 Corkum lands NACC Women's Track & Field Weekly award
December 2, 2017 Women's Track & Field opens season at UW-Oshkosh meet