RIVER FOREST, Wis. – Concordia University Wisconsin dropped its first conference match of the season, 3-1 (23-25, 25-18, 18-25, 17-25) at Dominican Saturday night.
Final Score: Dominican 3, Concordia Wisconsin 1 (23-25, 25-18, 18-25, 17-25)
Location: Igini Sports Forum (River Forest, Ill.)
Records: Dominican 19-7 (7-1), Concordia Wisconsin 14-8 (7-1 NACC)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- In an exciting first set, in this highly anticipated match that included eight ties, Dominican scraped together a 25-23 set win to take a 1-0 game lead.
- In set number two CUW bounced back after they put together a 9-2 run midway through the set to give them a comfortable lead as they would go onto win the set to tie the match 1-1.
- The third set was back and forth at the beginning, but the Stars used a 10-3 run to pull away and take the third set 25-18, giving them a 2-1 game lead.
- Dominican would take the match in the fourth set 25-18 after only trailing once in the deciding set.
- Sophomore's Megan Jehlicka (Salem, Wis.) and Terese Zymanek (Menomonee Falls, Wis.) led the Falcons with nine kills apiece, while sophomore Lauren Nevinski (New Berlin, Wis.) added seven kills of her own.
- Junior Karina Klotz (Hubertus, Wis.) and freshman Haley Sedo (Neenah, Wis.) each had 17 kills on the night.
- Defensively, freshman Lindsey Casper (Hubertus, Wis.) led the Falcons with 15 digs.
BEYOND THE BOXSCORE
- The Falcons seven game conference win streak was their longest conference winning streak since the 2010 season when they won 10 conference games in a row.
- This is only the third time this season the Falcons have not had a player with double-digit kills in a match.
- CUW has yet to beat Dominican since the 2010 season.
- The Stars were led by Kendyl Todd and Alex Kisten with 14 and 12 kills, respectively.
- As a team, Dominican finished the game with 72 digs and five players each recorded double-digit digs. Caitlen Foote led all players with 19 digs.
- Christina Wilson finished the match with a double-double, recording a match high 42 assists and 14 digs.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- The Falcons continue NACC play as they travel to Edgewood on Tuesday, October 20 at 7 pm.
August 2, 2016 Volleyball earns AVCA team academic award
February 3, 2016 Volleyball announces summer camps
December 11, 2015 Gaining experience through a difference perspective
November 6, 2015 Moegenburg leads Falcons in NACC postseason honors
November 5, 2015 Volleyball season ends with NACC Tournament setback at Dominican
November 3, 2015 Volleyball sweeps Benedictine, advances in NACC Tournament
November 2, 2015 #CUWStatsInfo: Falcons prepared for NACC Tournament
October 31, 2015 Volleyball finishes 1-2 at Barker Classic
October 24, 2015 Volleyball nets Senior Day sweep over Rockford
October 23, 2015 Volleyball records 10th sweep of season at Alverno
October 20, 2015 Falcons upended by NACC leader Edgewood
October 17, 2015 Volleyball drops first conference match of the season at Dominican
October 13, 2015 Nevinski, Zymanek lead the Falcons over Marian
October 10, 2015 CUW wins a thriller at Lakeland
October 9, 2015 #CUWStatsInfo: Inside Volleyball's strong start
October 6, 2015 No. 12 UW-Whitewater sweeps CUW
October 3, 2015 Falcons sweep Cougars to remain undefeated in NACC play
October 2, 2015 Paszek leads Falcons in sweep over Spartans
September 26, 2015 Falcons drop pair of matches at NACC-IIAC Challenge Series
September 25, 2015 Zymanek leads Falcons in first day of NACC-IIAC Challenge
September 19, 2015 Volleyball opens home stand with a pair of non-conference wins
September 18, 2015 Volleyball wins a close one at Wisconsin Lutheran
September 18, 2015 Rubeck's senior leadership important to Falcons success
September 15, 2015 Volleyball strengthens offense in road victory over MSOE
September 12, 2015 Volleyball defeats No. 21 UW-Oshkosh, splits matches at Pizza Hut Classic
September 12, 2015 Falcons earn pair of easy victories at Pizza Hut Classic
September 5, 2015 Volleyball splits matches at CIT
September 1, 2015 Volleyball drops season opener
August 25, 2015 Volleyball selected to finish third in NACC Preseason Poll
June 18, 2015 Volleyball announces 2015 schedule