RIVER FOREST, Ill. – Concordia Wisconsin's offense was nearly unstoppable during Saturday's 3-0 (25-17, 25-19, 25-19) NACC victory at Concordia Chicago, as they posted the fifth-highest attack percentage in program history at .402.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 3, Concordia Chicago 0 (25-17, 25-19, 25-19)
Location: Geiseman Gymnasium (River Forest, Ill.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 13-5, 4-0 NACC; Concordia Chicago 2-16, 1-3 NACC
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons controlled the match from start to finish, leading by double-digits in the opening set and by at least six the rest of the way to win their fourth-straight NACC match to start the season.
- Concordia Wisconsin jumped all over the Cougars to start the match, leading by seven points, 16-9, midway through the first set and extending the advantage to as many as 10 points before winning 25-17.
- A 5-0 and 4-0 scoring run during the second frame pushed the Falcons in front and gave them momentum. In the second half of the second frame, for every point the Cougars would score Concordia Wisconsin would add two to the scoreboard before winning 25-19 and going ahead 2-0 in the match.
- Concordia Wisconsin took advantage of numerous Concordia Chicago errors during a 9-2 scoring run in the third set before eventually winning 25-19 and sweeping the match.
- Freshman Holly Anderson (Grant Park, Ill.) led the visitors with a career-high nine kills, while sophomore Amanda Schultz (North Prairie, Wis.) and junior Terese Zymanek (Menomonee Falls, Wis.) each had seven kills apiece, respectively.
- Senior Karina Klotz (Hubertus, Wis.) dialed in 20 assists and a trio of service aces.
- Sophomore Lindsey Casper (Hubertus, Wis.) had 14 digs and Schultz recorded six block assists. Junior Megan Jehlicka (Salem, Wis.) also had four block assists.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- The Falcons sit atop the NACC standings with an undefeated 4-0 record, while Dominican is also undefeated at 3-0.
- Concordia Wisconsin is now 10-3 in matches that last three sets.
- The Falcons hit a season-high .402 in the match (40K-5E-87A). It was the fifth highest attack percentage in a match in program history.
- Austin Thompson and Sarah Smith led the Cougars with nine kills apiece, respectively, while Nicoletta Crowley had a match-best 25 assists.
- Hannah Johnson dug 11 attack attempts and Arendia Ruiter served a trio fo aces.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin returns to action on Wednesday with a non-conference contest against UW-Whitewater at 7 pm inside the R. John Buuck Field House.