OSHKOSH, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin had little trouble on Saturday against its two non-conference opponents, winning 3-0 (25-11, 25-22, 25-15) over UW-Stout prior to defeat Lawrence 3-0 (25-17, 25-19, 25-10) inside the Kolf Sports Center.
Final Scores: Concordia Wisconsin 3, UW-Stout 0 (25-11, 25-22, 25-15); Concordia Wisconsin 3, Lawrence 0 (25-17, 25-19, 25-10)
Location: Kolf Sports Center (Oshkosh, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 7-1, Lawrence 3-6, UW-Stout 3-4
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin controlled the first and third sets in a 3-0 sweep over UW-Stout during its third match of the Pizza Hut Classic. The Falcons front-line defense rose the occasion with 8.0 total blocks, with six players recording at least a block assist.
- Junior Amanda Schultz (North Prairie, Wis.) tallied nine kills and a .444 attack percentage, while senior Lauren Nevinski (New Berlin, Wis.) had seven kills and a .438 attack percentage.
- Juniors Mackenzie Wockenfus (Appleton, Wis.) and Haley Sedo (Neenah, Wis.) registered a combined 24 assists and seniors Kaily (Moegenburg) Erdman and Lindsey Casper (Hubertus, Wis.) had 11 digs each.
- Sophomore Kelsey Kleba (Hartland, Wis.) was outstanding at the net with five block assists.
- Erdman also served four of the team's nine aces against the Blue Devils.
- During the afternoon match against Lawrence the run of success continued with a quick 3-0 sweep against the Vikings. One area that helped was a season-high 10 service aces, including five from Erdman, which was her career-high.
- Erdman and sophomore Megan Mayer (Downers Grove, Ill.) each had seven kills for the Falcons and Sedo posted 16 assists. Wockenfus dished out 14 assists of her own.
- Casper dug a team-high 11 attack attempts to lead the defense.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Schultz was named the Pizza Hut Classic All-Tournament Team for her efforts; which included a .225 attack percentage (29K-11E-80A), three digs and six block assists.
- Emili Cain paced the Blue Devils with seven kills and Jessica DuVal had a match-best 18 assists.
- A trio of UW-Stout players had double-figure digs and was led by Steph Cannon's 19.
- Arianna Neumeyer had a match-best eight kills to lead Lawrence and Sydney Nelson recorded 13 assists. Cyra Bammer had 16 digs for the Vikings.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin returns to action on Wednesday night at 7 pm for the first NACC contest of the season against Lakeland inside the R. John Buuck Field House.