KENOSHA, Wis. – Concordia Wisconsin added two more wins to its résumé by defeating St. Norbert 3-0 (25-9, 25-17, 25-19) and host Carthage 3-0 (25-15, 25-22, 25-17) to conclude the Carthage Tournament inside Tarble Arena. The Falcons have now won seven matches in a row over the last nine days.
Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 3, St. Norbert 0 (25-9, 25-17, 25-19); Concordia Wisconsin 3, Carthage 0 (25-15, 25-22, 25-17)
Location: Tarble Arena (Kenosha, Wis.)
Records: Concordia Wisconsin 11-1, Carthage 7-3, St. Norbert 3-11
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin continues to shine, evident by its outstanding offensive and defensive play on Saturday. They hit an eye-popping .341 as a team against St. Norbert and held both opponents to an attacking percentage of .104 and .043, respectively.
- The Falcons blew past the Green Knights in the first set of the day, building a 23-5 lead. That momentum carried over into the second and third sets, as they held advantages of eight points in each frame.
- Senior Kaily (Moegenburg) Erdman (Plymouth, Wis.) tallied 10 kills and eight digs, while sophomore Megan Mayer (Downers Grove, Ill.) had 10 kills, four service aces and six digs. Juniors Mackenzie Wockenfus (Appleton, Wis.) and Haley Sedo (Neenah, Wis.) recorded 19 and 16 assists, respectively.
- Defensively, senior Lindsey Casper (Hubertus, Wis.) was strong again with 17 digs. Sophomores Holly Anderson (Grant Park, Ill.) and Kendall Stribling (Greenfield, Wis.) added four block assists each.
- During the finale against the host Lady Reds, the Falcons jumped out in front to a 6-0 start and never looked back. They built a sizeable lead before capturing the opening set 25-15.
- The second frame was closer, but quick scoring runs late was enough to put a 25-22 set win into Concordia Wisconsin's pocket and a 2-0 lead in the match.
- The Falcons put the third set far out of reach, after owning a 19-6 lead midway through.
- Junior Amanda Schultz (North Prairie, Wis.), Erdman and Mayer all smashed seven kills. Wockenfus and Sedo each helped on 16 kills, while Sedo served a pair of aces.
- Casper dug a match-high 17 attack attempts. Erdman added 14 digs for a double-double, to go along with five block assists.
- Senior Lauren Nevinski (New Berlin, Wis.) recorded a season-high six block assists in the win.
BEYOND THE BOX SCORE
- Casper, Erdman and Kleba were each named to the all-tournament team.
- Kleba posted an outstanding .395 attack percentage (20K-3E-43A) and six block assists for the three-match tournament, while Casper dug 56 attack attempts and Erdman tallied 25 kills, five service aces, 37 digs and seven block assists.
- Anderson and Stribling each tied their career-high block totals against St. Norbert.
- The Falcons served 18 aces in the three matches over the weekend.
- Halie Ferry led St. Norbert with eight kills and Emily Rohloff added 19 assists.
- Ferry also dug a team-high nine attack attempts for the Green Knights.
- Megan Behrendt led Carthage with 10 kills and Ellie LeCount posted 20 assists.
- Luci Krenzke had 15 digs for the Lady Reds and Andrea Kozak tallied three block assists.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin will travel to Marian for a NACC match on Wednesday at 7 pm.