MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Women's Cross Country team defeated MSOE in a two-mile dual race on Tuesday. The Falcons had the top three finishers in the season-opening event held on the campus of Concordia Wisconsin.
- Final Score: CUW 34; MSOE 80
- Location: CUW
- Falcons Top Five: Cassandra Sprotte (12:22); Adrianna Lubner (12:44); Martha Kulberg (12:45); Carolyn Arndt (13:21); Megan Senderhauf (13:26).
- The Falcon had the top three finishers in the race and placed five in the top six. Sprotte (Abbotsford, Wis.) won the event by running a 12:22, while Lubner (Campbellsport, Wis.) impressed in her debut, finishing second with a time of 12:44. Kulberg (Maple Grove, Minn.) came in just behind Lubner at 12:45.
- Arndt (Rochester, Minn.) was next in line for the Falcons, clocking in at 13:21, just ahead of Senderhauf (Neenah, Wis.), who ran her first race in a time of 13:26.
- MSOE had the seventh-place runner but the Falcons had the next three cross the finish line, giving them eight runners in the top 10. Paulina Agnello (Brookfield, Wis.) was eighth (13:56), finishing ahead of Becca Wert (14:03) and Leslie Christiansen (14:15). Hannah Barrow (Sheboygan, Wis.) crossed the finish line in a time of 15:04.
- CUW will compete in its first championship distance event on Saturday, September 9 when it hosts the Ken Weidt Classic. The women's race is set for an 11 a.m. start.