MEQUON, Wis. – The Falcons won their third consecutive game to open the season as they took down Maryville on Friday night in a 3-2 shootout victory at the Ozaukee Ice Center.
-Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 3 (SO), Maryville 2
-Records: Concordia Wisconsin 3-0, Maryville 1-1-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Falcons jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the first period. Connor Doyle (Naples, Fla.) scored first in the second minute of the game. Logan Hascarl (Nakusp, B.C.) added a second CUW goal in the 17th minute.
- The Saints went on to score in both the second and third periods to tie up the game. Sasha Golovoka scored both goals for Maryville.
- The game entered overtime tied at 2-2. Neither team managed to score before time ran out so they moved into a shootout to decide the winner.
- Alex Koeller opened the shootout with a goal for the Saints. Cody Faber (Wilmot, Wis.) answered right afterward with a goal for CUW to even it up. Two more rounds passed without a goal before Jonathan Grodzki (Tampa, Bay, Fla.) scored in the fourth round to put CUW up 2-1. Mack Willy (Tacoma, Wis.) saved the shot by the Saints on their last attempt to cement the win for the Falcons.
- Willy had 38 saves for the Falcons in the win.
-The Falcons face Maryville again at home on Saturday, October 5, at 3:30pm.