MEQUON, Wis. – The Falcons had six players score seven goals as Concordia Wisconsin improved to 4-0 to start the season with a 7-2 win over the Maryville Saints on Saturday afternoon at the Ozaukee Ice Center.
-Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 7, Maryville 2
-Records: Concordia Wisconsin 4-0, Maryville 1-2-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Alec Murano (St. Peters, Mo.) started the scoring spree with a goal right out of the gate as he scored 19 seconds into the game.
- Easton Williams (Racine, Wis.) followed with a goal in the eighth minute.
- The game-winner was scored by Jonathan Grodzki (Tampa Bay, Fla.) at 11:17 in the first period to put CUW up 3-0.
- Cody Faber (Wilmot, Wis.) extended the Falcon's lead by scoring 52 seconds into the second period.
- The Falcons scored a fifth-consecutive goal in the third minute of the second frame from Trenton Sherman (Farmington, Minn.) to go up 5-0.
- The Saints found the net one minute later, scoring the first of two-consecutive goals as they cut the Falcon lead to three.
- Scott Gregor (Ashland, Wis.) scored in the 13th minute of the second frame to push the Falcon lead up to four again.
- The lone goal of the third period and final goal of the game was scored by Sherman in the eighth minute as he got his second of the day.
- Mack Willy (Tacoma, Wash.) had 25 saves in goal for the Falcons.
-The Falcons face Lewis at home on Friday, October 11, at 7:30pm.