MORGANTOWN, W.Va. – The Concordia Wisconsin Falcons completed a series sweep of the West Virginia Mountaineers on Saturday night in a 7-3 win to remain undefeated on the season.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 7, West Virginia 3
- Records: Concordia Wisconsin 7-0-1, West Virginia 2-4-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Andrew Doepp (New Lenox, Ill.) scored the opening goal for the Falcons in the second minute of the game.
- Trenton Sherman (Farmington, Minn.) added a second CUW goal in the 16th minute of the first frame. The goal was his fourth of the series following his hat trick in the series opener.
- Gabriel D'Asto (Endeavor, Wis.) followed less than a minute later to score a third CUW goal before the end of the opening period.
- In the second period, the Falcons added two more goals. Logan Hascarl (Nakusp, B.C.) scored in the second minute of the second frame, with Cody Faber (Wilmot, Wis.) scoring to increase the Falcon's lead to 5-0 by the end of the second frame.
- The Mountaineers scored thrice in the third period but the effort would fall short, especially with the Falcons scoring twice more in the final period. Connor Doyle (Naples, Fla.) scored in the second minute of the final frame with Hascarl scoring his second of the game in the final three minutes.
- Mack Willy (Tacoma, Wash.) had 22 saves in goal for the Falcons.
- The Falcons face St. Norbert on the road on Friday, October 25, at 7:30pm.