DE PERE, Wis. – The Concordia Wisconsin Falcons won the series opener with the St. Norbert Green Knights on Friday evening with an 8-0 shutout victory for their eighth win of the season.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 8, St. Norbert 0
- Records: Concordia Wisconsin 8-0-1, St. Norbert 0-5
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Trenton Sherman (Farmington, Minn.) scored the opening goal and game-winner for the Falcons in the fifth minute of the game.
- Jonathan Grodzki (Tampa Bay, Fla.) scored in the 17th minute of the period to double the CUW lead.
- The Falcons scored thrice in each of the second and third periods. Easton Williams (Racine, Wis.) scored three minutes into the second frame to put CUW up 3-0.
- Andrew Doepp (New Lenox, Ill.) scored halfway through the second to increase the Falcon lead to four.
- Wyatt Wilderman (Waukesha, Wis.) added another CUW goal less than two minutes later.
- With a 5-0 lead entering the final frame, the Falcons were still not done. Williams scored his second of the game with 9:40 remaining.
- Alec Murano (St. Peters, Mo.) followed 19 seconds later with another Falcon goal to put CUW up 7-0.
- Grodzki added another of his own with six minutes remaining to cap off the Falcons scoring frenzy.
- The Falcons return home to face St. Norbert on Saturday, October 26, at 7:30pm.