MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia Wisconsin Falcons completed a series sweep of the St. Norbert Green Knights on Saturday night with a 7-2 win to continue their undefeated season.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 7, St. Norbert 2
- Records: Concordia Wisconsin 9-0-1, St. Norbert 0-6
HOW IT HAPPENED
- After a scoreless first period, the Falcons started their scoring with a goal by Easton Williams (Racine, Wis.) five minutes into the second frame to take a 1-0 lead.
- Sean Doyle (Naples, Fla.) doubled the CUW lead one minute later with another Falcon goal.
- CUW scored a third consecutive goal in the 15th minute of the second period off the stick of Matt Gregor (Ashland, Wis.)
- The Green Knights struck seven seconds later with a swift response goal by Eric Simkowski.
- St. Norbert followed with another goal 21 seconds into the third period to cut the Falcon lead to 3-2.
- The Falcons responded to this threat by scoring four unanswered to close out the game. Doyle and Gregor each scored their second of the night one minute apart to regain the ground lost on the SNC goals.
- Wyatt Wilderman (Waukesha, Wis.) and Jonathan Grodzki (Tampa Bay, Fla.) each scored to cap off the Falcon scoring spree.
- Brian Johnson (Plainfield, Ill.) had 15 saves in goal for the Falcons.
- The Falcons outscored the Green Knights 15-2 in the two-game series.
- The Falcons face Robert Morris at home in a two-game series starting on Friday, November 1, at 10pm.