MEQUON, Wis. – The Concordia Wisconsin Falcons continued their dominant start to the season as they cruised to an 8-1 win over Robert Morris to complete a series sweep on Saturday night at the Ozaukee Ice Center. Going back to last season, the Falcons are 17-1-2 in their past 20 games.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 8, Robert Morris 1
- Records: Concordia Wisconsin 11-0-1, Robert Morris 1-7
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Cody Faber (Wilmot, Wis.) put the Falcons up 1-0 in the first period with a goal in the eighth minute.
- Ethan Natzke (Ballwin, Mo.) doubled the CUW lead in the eighth minute of the second period to put the Falcons up 2-0. The sophomore's goal would end up being the game-winner.
- The Eagles cut the Falcon lead in half with a goal in the 17th minute of the second frame, but Scott Gregor (Ashland, Wis.) responded two minutes later to reclaim the two-goal lead before the start of the final frame.
- Up 3-1 through two periods, the Falcons went on a scoring spree in the final frame. Gregor scored his second of the night five minutes in, with Wyatt Wilderman (Waukesha, Wis.) following two minutes later with another for CUW.
- Gregor completed a hat trick with a third goal in the 10th minute of the third period.
- Faber scored his second goal of the game a minute after Gregor completed his trick, and Jonathan Grodzki (Tampa Bay, Fla.) added one more goal for CUW before the game was done.
- Mack Willy (Tacoma, Wash.) had 18 saves in net for CUW.
- The Falcons face Marian at home Friday, November 8, at 7:30pm.