TUCSON, Ariz. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Baseball team fell, 15-3, in a non-conference game against Cal Lutheran Friday night in Tucson. The Falcons, playing their ninth game in seven days, ran into a strong Cal Lutheran lineup Friday, one that scored multiple runs in four innings.
- Final Score: Cal Lutheran 15, Concordia Wisconsin 3
- Location: Kino Sports Complex
- Records: Cal Lutheran 10-7, Concordia Wisconsin 3-6
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Kingsmen built a 5-0 lead after 2.5 innings of play. CLU received a leadoff home run from Davey Casciola and then crossed the plate four times in the top of the third for a 5-0 advantage.
- The Falcons responded, scoring their three runs in the bottom of the third, making the score 5-3. Sophomore Nathan Thyssen (Appleton, Wis.) had a two-run single in the inning, while sophomore Justin Barney (Kenosha, Wis.) drove in a run with an RBI groundout earlier in the frame.
- The rest of the game was all Cal Lutheran. The Kingsmen struck four more times in the fourth, three in in sixth, two in the seventh and once more in the ninth for the 15-3 win.
- Freshman Seth Hougesen (Indianapolis, Ind.) was the pitcher of record for the Falcons. He started the game, throwing 2.1 innings and was one of four pitchers used for CUW. Freshman Brett Kolacki (Midlothian, Ill.), sophomore Scott Plachinski (South Milwaukee, Wis.) and senior Nate Van Ells (Greendale, Wis.) all saw action on the mound for the Falcons.
- Justin Cana had three hits to pace CLU on Friday. Casciola scored four times from the leadoff spot, while he was one of six players to tally multiple hits for the Kingsmen.
- The Falcons will take on Oberlin in a doubleheader Saturday. First pitch is set for 3 pm (PST).