NEWPORT NEWS, Va. – The Concordia University Wisconsin Field Hockey Team defeated Randolph-Macon 2-1 on Sunday.
- Final Score: Concordia Wisconsin 2, Randolph-Macon 1
- Location: Captains Turf Field – Newport News, Va.
- Records: Concordia Wisconsin 5-3, Randolph-Macon 3-4
HOW IT HAPPENED
- The Yellow Jackets jumped out to a lead 1:08 into the game with an unassisted goal by Catie Burnette. Burnette scored off a fast break, slipping in a shot along the right side of the goal.
- 53:44 into the match, McPike scored the deciding goal for the Falcons. The freshman dribbled through the circle from left to right, scoring unassisted to give Field Hockey their fifth win of the season.
- The efficiency of the Falcons proved crucial as the Yellow Jackets had a 30-9 advantage in shots, with the Falcons scoring on two of their three shots on goal.
- Katelyn Fitzgerald (Wood River, Ill.) had 13 saves for the Falcons in the win.
The Falcons travel to Missouri to take on Rhodes on Sunday, October 7.