MEQUON, Wis. – The CUW field hockey team fell to the Tigers of DePauw in the lone home game of the year on Wednesday. The Falcons fell in a close 4-3 battle and moved to 5-5 on the season. DePauw improves to 8-7 on the year.
"DePauw is and has been a strong team," said head coach Samantha Landis-Schoessow. "It was a hard-fought battle to the end, they took advantage of our turnovers. Karissa is a great player and leader for our team. We were fortunate to be able to celebrate her today and all that she has given and sacrificed for this program."
- Freshman Megan McPike (Mequon, Wis.) scored all three goals for the Falcons.
- CUW led 3-1 late in the first half, but Sarah Simon struck three times for the Tigers to close the game.
- Freshman Katelyn Fitzgerald (Wood River, Ill.) had a record-breaking day on Wednesday. Fitzgerald posted a collegiate-high 15 saves against the Tigers.
- The three goals for McPike ties her season record, after doing so against Ferrum and at Transylvania.
- After a stretch against tough competition, the three goals for the Falcons were the most since a 5-3 victory at Transylvania on Sept. 22.
- CUW celebrated senior Karissa Faubel (Menasha, Wis.) at halftime on senior day. Faubel has notched five defensive saves on the season.
On The Road Again
The Falcons will head south this weekend and resume SAA play on Saturday at Rhodes. The Blue and White will then head over to Hendrix on Sunday for another SAA showdown.