EAU CLAIRE, Wis. -- Concordia Wisconsin finished in seventh place at the difficult UW-Eau Claire Frank Wrigglesworth Invitational on Monday, while Nate Benjamin led the lineup with a tie for eighth place on the individual leaderboard.
Course: Wild Ridge Golf Course (par 72, 6,586 yards), Eau Claire Golf and Country Club (par 71, 6,709 yards)
Team Finish: 7th of 17 (304-318 -- 622)
Falcon Individuals: Nate Benjamin (71-78 -- 149), Sam Schlosser (74-76 -- 150), Jordan Carlton (75-80 -- 155), Austin Ramos (84-87 -- 171), Wyatt Wilderman (88-84 -- 172)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Concordia Wisconsin shot a two-day total of 622 after carding an opening-round 304 on Sunday, followed by a 318 on Monday. They were in sixth after the first round and dropped a spot to seventh overall.
- Junior Nate Benjamin (Tucson, Ariz.) finished in a tie for eighth place with a 149 total, which included an opening round of 1-under par 71 which included five birdies and 10 pars. He then followed it with a 78 and drained two birdies and eight par putts. There were 92 golfers in the tournament.
- Senior Sam Schlosser (West Bend, Wis.) jumped three spots on the leaderboard to end in 11th place after carding a 150. He shot an opening-round 74 and had a 76 on Monday. During the opening round, he had four birdies and eight pars, which included a 2-under 34 on the back nine. Schlosser also sank an eagle, two birdies and nine pars in the second round.
- Sophomore Jordan Carlton (Kewaskum, Wis.) concluded the tournament in a tie for 22nd place. He signed for a 155 total (75-80). He made four birdie and eight par putts in round one and 10 pars in round two.
- Freshman Austin Ramos (New Berlin, Wis.) signed for a 171 total (84-87) and made 14 pars during his two rounds.
- Sophmore Wyatt Wilderman (Waukesha, Wis.) rounded out the lineup with a 172 total (88-84) and had one birdie and 11 pars to his credit.
- Nebraska Wesleyan won the team trophy by four shots with a two-day total of 582 (287-295).
- Jake Sherwood (Marian) and Alex Kubik (Nebraska Wesleyan) tie for individual medalist honors with a 142 total.
NEXT ON THE SCHEDULE
- Concordia Wisconsin returns to the links on Friday and Saturday for the two-day, 36-hole Midwest Region Fall Classic at Eagle Ridge Resort in Galena, Illinois.
September 14, 2019 Men's Golf competes at Midwest Region Classic
September 9, 2019 Benjamin leads Men's Golf with t8 finish at UW-Eau Claire Invitational
August 31, 2019 Men's Golf, Wilderman tie for 4th place at Culver's Fall Classic